- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
David Babbs, MSW enjoys motivating others to discover their passion in life and to utilize that passion to impact others. David challenges others to become aware of personal biases and to examine things through an equitable lens. He is an Adjunct Instructor with the University of Arlington, Social Worker Department. He currently teaches higher education. David also lectures on privilege & undoing systemic racism.
David advises two social work student organizations on activism and growth. He is an active member and instructor of the University of Arlington’s student veteran success committee.
David honorably served four years active duty in the US Army as an Intelligence Analyst assigned to the National Security Agency. David earned accolades for those intelligence reports that made it to a white house briefing. Following the Army, David knew he wanted to help others and increase his academic background. He joined the troops to teachers’ program and started teaching social studies and science while earning a master’s degree in social work at the University of Texas Arlington.
David’s passion is working with vulnerable populations who are affected by natural disasters. His passion is fueled from the experience of growing up in Arkansas with severe weather storms and tornadoes. He combines that passion with the service ethics learned from Mom. At an early age, David volunteered annually for Toys for Tots. Which was an impetus for finding solutions to social problems. U Build Ur World is the name of David's current project that is exploring emerging technologies like 3D printing and upcycling containers to build affordable and disaster resilient communities. This is in response to Social Work Grand Challenge #6: “End Homelessness".
- In Progress DSW in Social Work -Social Innovation , Unviersity of Southern California
- 2016 Masters of Social Work in Direct Practice Mental Health , Unviersity of Texas at Arlington
- 2010 Associate in Science in Intelligence Operations , Unviersity of Southern California
- 2006 Associates of Art Law Enforcement , University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts Criminal Justice in Psychology , Unviersity of Little Rock Arkansas University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Sept 2018 to
Students for Global Change co-faculity advisor
University of Texas Arlington School of Social Work
- Sept 2018 to Present Students for Global Change co-faculity advisor
National Association of Social Workers
- Aug 2015 to Present Texas
Awards and Honors
Congressional Veterans Commedation
sponsored by Congressman Marc Veasey
Achievements: David Babbs, veteran and social work graduate student, was recognized at the reception for receiving a Congressional Veteran Commendation from Congressman Marc Veasey. The program was designed to recognize wartime sacrifices and peacetime community involvement of the veterans of the 33rd Congressional District of Texas, Hines said.
- Jan 2019 Congressional Veterans Commedation sponsored by Congressman Marc Veasey
Nov 2015 Student Veterans receive awards at UTA
David Babbs received the Congressional Veteran Commendation from Congressman Marc Veasey.